Monday, August 15, 2011

iHerb.com Promotions & Reviews

In addition to the existing promotion where first time buyers get a 5USD off when using a member's code on iHerb.com and that member earns a 4% of commission of the purchase, iHerb.com has another promotion! 


From now until 17 August 2011, there's free postage for purchases of 40USD and above as long as the weight doesn't exceed 1800g.

Just last week, I received some unexpected free samples from the generous people from iHerb.com. What a pleasant surprise!

It consists of the following:
- 1 box of 25 bags of organic Mandarin Orange Green Tea
- 1 sachet of Cafe Cordyceps


After dinner, we tried the Mandarin Orange Green Tea and it was simply lovely. It has a tinge of vanilla mixed with mild orange smell to me and the taste of the orange rolls in your mouth as I sip the warm tea. I really love the smell of the warm tea when I brought the cup up to sip.

It was also the first time I came across stress relief sweets and it tasted nice! I don't know whether it worked as I wasn't feeling particularly stressed out after dinner, hehe... I'll definitely keep this tin close by for stressful emergencies. Maybe the sucking action of the pastilles is enough to focus your mind a little off your problems. Who knows? ;)

The Strawberry Champange is divine. It tasted really heavenly with the mild strawberry smell and the texture wasn't too oily or waxy. Besides days of needs, I'll use this every night so that I can be reminded of strawberry fields before I sleep. Ah... what bliss! =)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mei, I am intending to order some products on I herb using your coupon ID as it will be my first purchase. But just to check with you, did they ask you to FAX your credit card information to them the first time you order? Could you comment on your blog. thanks. Fr Julie

Mei said...

Hi Julie,

No they didn't. I just keyed in my credit card details on iHerb website with the CCC number (the 3 digit number that can be found on the back of your credit card) for verification.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mei

Anonymous said...

Hi Mei, I intend to sign up with iHerb too to buy supplements. I read that they required one to email in credit card bill or electricity bill for them to authenticate the address etc. It's a policy stated in their website. You mean you have been exempted?

Tks,
Ian

Mei said...

Hi Ian,

No, it wasn't required on my end. Maybe you can just try out and buy the goods.

Maybe you'll be exempted too. Or maybe this applies to certain countries only. I am living in Singapore by the way.

Cheers,
Mei

Anonymous said...

Hi Mei,

Thanks. I'm from Spore too. Do you encounter any problem buying from iHerb like wrong goods delivered or goods delayed or spoilt goods? I am eager to try but I've also seen quite a number of bad reviews on it. Appreciates your advice very much. Cheers!

Ian

Anonymous said...

Hi Mei,

Sorry, another question. Have you tried shipping by International Airmail (USD4) from iHerb? Is it reliable and how long in average does it take to reach you? By the way, does it deliver to home? I know DHL and UPS do.

Thanks,
Ian

Mei said...

Hi Ian,

The first time I tried using their US International Airmail and it took close to 3 weeks to reach me here in Singapore. You can read about my post here: http://life-bite.blogspot.com/2011/07/iherbcom-website-review-quality-low.html

The second time, it was much faster in about a week plus.

And yes, they do deliver right to my house.

Cheers! =)

Mei said...

Hi Anonymous,

I bought from iHerb twice and the only "problem" I've encountered is the long delivery on the first occasion.

If you are afraid of missing goods, maybe you can try to ship by UPS or DHL as they do tracking and it's more secure in a way.

So far so good for me and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. ;)

Ian said...

Hi Mei,

Thanks very much for your fast reply. When you shipped by airmail previously, do they contact you to arrange date/time to deliver to your house?

Thanks,
Ian

Mei said...

Hi Ian,

They don't. Are you staying in Singapore? If so, the post office will leave a notice for you to arrange for re-delivery if no one is at home. ;)

Ian said...

Hi Mei,

Ya, I am a Singaporean staying in Singapore. You mean the parcel actually comes by Singpost? I thought it's another mail company. Ok, that's good. Thanks v much.

Cheers!
Ian

Ian said...

Hi Mei,

I have just placed my first order using International Airmail. *finger crossed* Hope to see my product in few weeks time, hopefully before I fly to Korea in early Dec. The savings is really a lot for the health supplement I bought. If successful, I will continue to use it. By the way, I have used your code.

Cheers!
Ian

Ian said...

Hi Mei,

By the way, have you tried Vitacost.com? The price there seems much lower for the same product. Tks!

Mei said...

Hi Ian,

I haven't heard of Vitacost.com but will check it out. ;)

And yes, they'll send it to Singapore using their overseas mail company then Singpost will take over in Singapore to deliver it to your place.

thanks for using my code and I hope it'll work for you like it did for me.

Cheers! ;)